Friday, March 13, 2009

Mother Superior's Travels

Mother Superior has been traveling and wants to share with you a few of her experiences.
My first stop was the Empty Spools Seminar. This 5-day quiltmaking workshop is held at Asilomar Conference grounds in Pacific Grove, California.
I had a great time. This is the first time I've attended Empty Spools. The weather was rainy and cold. Only on the last day did I look up and see the ocean. But the whole purpose is to stay inside and sew, so I wasn't one bit disappointed. I really enjoyed my class with Carol Taylor.
I don't go to many places where there is a sign with my name on it.

Next I was off to the Sew Expo in Puyallup, Washington. We took along our muscle men and booth eye candy Trenten and Todd.
Not too many young men get to pose in front of a quilt. They love trade shows. To quote Todd "I sure get to adopt a lot of grandma's".
Having one of those days!
We love visiting with other vendors at trade shows. This is Scot Lindsay, President of Dream World, Inc. Scot and his wife Annie are the ones who have brought us the Bendable Bright Light, and the wonderful custom free arm insert tables that fit around our machines.
Now that I am back home, we can see the progress on the School of Threadology. We now have walls.
Look at that blue sky! This is winter in St. George, Utah. It's 71 degrees today.
The concrete floor has been poured and 30-foot scaffolding is in place for the masonry. The School of Threadology will be on the top floor with plenty of room for classes and all the fun activities we have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment