Monday, June 8, 2009

Caryl Bryer Fallert's Recommendation


I was first introduced to Rainbows 40 wt. trilobal polyester threads a year ago. At that time, I was already using a 40 wt. polyester topstitching thread for most of my quilting. Although I couldn't imagine finding a better thread than the one I was using, I discovered that Superior's trilobal polyester is even stronger than the thread I was using. The quality is consistent and the colors are gorgeous. In the past, I seldom used variegated threads because the wide range of values in a single strand often caused unwanted visual breaks in a quilting pattern. Rainbows has beautiful color variation without the large jumps in value. This allows a pattern to flow, unbroken, even while the colors change.

I'm also in love with the lightweight Bottom Line threads. You can get much more thread on a single bobbin, and it doesn't build up a lot of bulk or leave big knots on the back of the quilt. The lightweight thread is also great for quilting on the top, when you don't want the thread to show very much or if you don't want to use monofilament. I also use it when I'm doing machine applique, because it leaves a very lightweight line around the applique and doesn't build up around the edge.

Superior's monofilament thread, MonoPoly, is the best. Although I use lots of invisible thread in my piecing, I have always had a love/hate relationship with it, because it broke so often. When I got my first spool of MonoPoly, I had a major deadline for photo quilt. The whole thing was quilted with MonoPoly, at full speed on my machine, and the thread never broke. It's a miracle!!!
Thanks for making this wonderful thread available.
Sincerely,
Caryl Bryer Fallert

No comments:

Post a Comment