We stayed in the round-about maneuvering closely behind the van as I attempted to follow, steer and write the number all at the same time. It made for a good laugh between but I was successful in getting Vickie's number.
I gave Vickie the green silk fabric that was previously quilted by Judi of Green Fairy Quilts.
Because the quilting in the fabric makes for a lightly stiffer piece, and doesn't allow much drape, we used the pieces selectively in this coat. I still have to be able to move and bend down without popping seams.
Vickie came to our office for the final fitting.
I will have this in time to wear to our Houston show.
Judi used Superior Metallic #24 Green Apple for the stitching. Vickie used So Fine #450 Spring Green to sew it all together. We discovered also that using the 550 yd. spools on the serger worked great. I had always thought of cones when sewing with a serger but this thread unwinds beautifully over the top as it is a really smooth polyester. That way I can match my fabric color exactly without too much cost. I still had a lot of thread left on the spool.
Coming Soon: Part 3/The Finished Coat.