Friday, October 30, 2009

Meet Ricci Lindley

Ricci is a member of our Superior office staff and in addition to all regular office responsibilities, she is helping to get our School of Theadology organized and running in our newly added educational center.
There are a lot of decisions that need to be made in preparation for the opening of the school in the next few weeks. Ricci has been organizing class schedules, contacting guest teachers, helping participants register, updating the School web site, and preparing the physical facilities.
"I have been working closely with Bob to make the School of Threadology the leading school in the sewing world. This is the only school of it's kind and it's going to be fantastic!" she said.

Bernina USA has very generously supplied the School of Threadology with Bernina 730 machines. The School will also have a longarm machine classroom and will have most brands of longarm machines for student use during longarm School sessions.
The first session in our new facilities will be Nov. 11-13. John Flynn will be a guest teacher one day during that session. Future sessions have been scheduled in February and April and beyond. One session will be held in Hawaii from July 1-4 , 2009 as part of the Quilt Hawaii 2010 event on the Big Island. Bob's bags are already packed. To sign up for our School of Theadology, or to view the upcoming schedule, see our web site.

Originally raised in California, Ricci has been a quilter for 2o years. She worked for over 25 years in accounting and various office positions. She and her husband Sam moved to St. George in 2004.
"Through my background in quilting, I was asked to help Superior Threads last year at the Houston show. I then attended a session of The School of Threadology before I worked here. Because of those experiences, Bob hired me to help in the office and to help with the School of Theadology," she said.
Ricci continued "I wanted to work here because of the quality of the products and my respect for Bob and Heather. The atmosphere of the work place the Purcells provide is unparalleled."
p.s. from Bob: Thank you Ricci for your kind words. Thank you for helping us launch the School of Threadology. We have so many ideas and plans, this is going to be a fun adventure. We will educate the sewing world.

1 comment:

  1. School of Threadology sounds like a very good idea. So many of us need more information. I wish I could have made it in Nov.
    My students and friends are always asking,"what needle do I needle to use" and "does the thread matter?" I have been telling them for years to make sure they use a good thread. NOW I am telling them to use Superior Threads needles and threads. Even before I became a Sales Rep for Texture Magic. After taking Bobs Class @ the Expo in Portland I bought needles to try and I have been giving them away to try so they can see how wonderful they are. And NO ONE carries them here in Vancouver. I teach a Basics Class and now I am teaching trying to educate them on needles and threads at the beginning of their sewing life.

    ReplyDelete