Friday, October 23, 2009

Silk Coat Part 3/ Finished

The Apple Green Silk Coat is now finished, ready in time to wear to Houston for the International Quilt Market and Festival. I was surprised at how many quilters were eager to see it finished! Maybe because we all start things and never do finish. Oh, our great intentions!

It was so nice to meet those of you who came to our booth.

The quilting showed up so well and it was great to be able to show shoppers a sample of what our metallic thread can do on a longarm quilting machine ( with a great quilter!)

The back view is pretty stunning. Luckily (or unluckily) there was a fashion fabric booth close by that was selling Silk Dupioni in some luscious colors that I couldn't resist. So who knows what will be made next.

You can read more about the making of this coat on Silk Coat Part 1

20 comments:

  1. I was sorry to miss seeing you at Market & Festival - too much to see! The coat looks spectacular and I know how wonderful your metallic threads are. I used them for one of the quilts in my book and EVERYONE asks me what thread it is!

    Daphne Greig
    author of Simple Stained Glass Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I would have given to get to go to Houston! Some day, I hope! Superior Threads will be my first stop for sure...I'm totally addicted to your threads (abnormally so!). Oh well...beats other addictions! ANYWAY, I am beyond impressed with how your silk coat turned out...it needs to be on the cover of Machine Quilting Unlimited magazine! It is absolutely stunning and I applaud all who participated in its creation. A masterpiece, for sure! Thanks for sharing the process with us! By the way, I hope you had record sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat is definetly an OMG moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing coat and amazing quilting (Judi)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coat, love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judi did a beautiful job on this. Who would have dreamt that she was quilting a jacket. It's beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful jacket! I love the way the quilting shows so well on the silk and the quilting is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!!! I love it! The quilting Judi did on the fabric is absolutely gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most flattering pattern I've seen in a quilted garment. Is it a commercial pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The jacket is beautiful, Heather. You're right about seeing something finished. I hope to finish SOMETHING soon. It's so satisfying to get a project done. Thank you for sharing.
    Cynthia
    Junction City, OR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, beautiful doesn't even cover it....stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone has already said it all. Absolutely stunning and the quilting is a masterpiece. What type of closure did you use for it? What a beautiful way to showcase your threads. Job well done . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! Only one in a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! She did an amazing job with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a stunning jacket - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE enter this in the new category of Quilted Garments at next year's Home Machine Quilting Show in Salt Lake City! (I'm in charge of that category and display...) GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is gorgeous. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete